About a week ago, I posted up a film quiz on the subject of one of my favourite directors; Roland Emmerich. Here are the answers to those questions, hope you enjoyed it:
5. In 2013, two films were released with very similar premises involving attack’s on the White House. One of these was directed by Roland Emmerich, and the other was directed by Antoine Fuqua. What films are they and which director directed which one? = Olympus Has Fallen (Fuqua), and White House Down (Emmerich).
6. In Independence Day; a Large Alien Attack Force targets several major cities all over the world, but which 3 cities are the main focus of the film before they are brutally destroyed? = New York City, Los Angeles and Washington D.C.
8. What battle in World War II will be the focus of Emmerich’s next feature film? = Battle of Midway.
10. What film was Emmerich’s first and currently only Sequel? = Independence Day: Resurgence
11. Which film directed by Emmerich was also the first movie to have its very own website? = Stargate.
13. Which of the following Distributors has released the most films in Emmerich’s feature portfolio: A) 20th Century Fox, B) Columbia Pictures, C) Warner Bros, D) Tristar? = Columbia Pictures (The Patriot, 2012, Anonymous and White House Down).
14. Which film by Emmerich was the first film in 2008 to gross $200 Million? = 10,000 BC.
15. Upon the end of its theatrical run; Independence Day was the 5th highest grossing film of all time; True or False? = False, it was the second the highest grossing film of all time.
17. Which of the following films has the highest rating on Metacritic: A) Independence Day, B) The Patriot, C) White House Down, D) Anonymous? = The Patriot
18. Which film has Emmerich defended stating that the film; was highly profitable and is the one people enjoy watching with their kids repeatedly, despite the film receiving low review responses and some backlash from fans? = Godzilla.
19. Which car company did Emmerich direct a one-minute advert for called ‘Infinite Possibilities’? = DaimlerChrysler.