I love Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream! I practically have some every week where possible. If I want to treat myself to some ice cream to have at home, I will see what Ben & Jerry’s flavours are available in the shops, and go from there.
There have been a lot of different flavours over the years, some of which are sadly no longer with us (like the legendary Fossil Fuel, with the chocolate Dinosaurs)! But out of those that are still with us; which ones do I like best? So I thought I would share with you my favourite flavours. Now for the purpose of this list, I have stuck with flavours that are still purchasable (although one is rather seasonal, but still available in selected shops). So, without further ado; here are My Top 5 Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavours; Enjoy!
5. Chocolate Fudge Brownie – A pretty simple flavour as it’s chocolate, with a hint of fudge, and more chocolate. It’s simple, but simple stuff gets to the core of our desires, and can often be the best! A simple flavour then, but an easy one to simply pick up and dig right into!
4. Caramel Chew Chew – For many years, perhaps even a couple of decades; this one was my absolute favourite from the range. It’s a great flavour, with some nice little gooey surprises too. Whilst it has gone down in my Top 5 by a considerable margin, it still packs a delightful enough of a punch, to remain one of the best, if not the best!
3. Baked Alaska – It’s a simple vanilla flavour, but with a hint of marshmallow. It’s as simple as Chocolate Fudge Brownie above, but it goes that one level deeper, by adding the pure joy of chocolate animal shapes into it. Much like Fossil Fuel included chocolate Dinosaurs, this one adds white chocolate Polar Bears. So, it’s not just a great flavour of ice cream, it’s also a fun experience!
2. Phish Food – More chocolate animal fun now, with chocolate fish. Phish Food has a great name, but even better is the flavour and taste. Practically unchanged in it’s near-ish twenty year history; and why should it; when ice cream tastes as good as this?!
1. Minter Wonderland – Easily the best flavour in years, one which for quite a while was restricted to not being available in tub form in the shops. And that’s sort of the same right now, but for a few glorious months in the winter, we get this great tasting mint ice cream flavour, which is so worth the wait and more!