Roland Emmerich is one of my favourite Movie Directors. I have always thought, that if I became a Hollywood Film Director, I would like to emulate him in some fashion. I love his big science fiction movies; my Favourite? Independence Day. Well, this is something I wrote nearly a year ago, and I thought I would share it with you. It’s a film quiz about the career of Roland Emmerich. 20 Questions in total, you can keep track of your answers however you like. Give it a go (or look online for the answers if you want to cheat), I’ll post the answers in a week or two’s time, so come back then to see which ones you got right. Remember, some of your answers may need back dating to as far as April 2018. Enjoy:
1. Which film directed by Emmerich starred Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren?
2. Which production company did Emmerich start-up with his sister Ute Emmerich in 1985?
3. To date, only two of Emmerich’s films have received fresh ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, which 2 films are they?
4. Roland Emmerich was one of the director’s originally lined up by Sony Pictures as a potential director for the 2002 Spider Man film: True or False?
5. In 2013, two films were released with very similar premises involving attack’s on the White House. One of these was directed by Roland Emmerich, and the other was directed by Antoine Fuqua. What films are they and which director directed which one?
6. In Independence Day; a Large Alien Attack Force targets several major cities all over the world, but which 3 cities are the main focus of the film before they are brutally destroyed?
7. Which three voice actors for the TV show the Simpsons made appearances in the 1998 Godzilla?
8. What battle in World War II will be the focus of Emmerich’s next feature film?
9. The Disaster film Geostorm starring Gerard Butler and Jim Sturgess is directed by which former and long-time producer of several of Emmerich’s biggest films?
10. What film was Emmerich’s first and currently only Sequel?
11. Which film directed by Emmerich was also the first movie to have its very own website?
12. Which disaster film directed by Emmerich starred Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal?
13. Which of the following Distributors has released the most films in Emmerich’s feature portfolio: A) 20th Century Fox, B) Columbia Pictures, C) Warner Bros, D) Tristar?
14. Which film by Emmerich was the first film in 2008 to gross $200 Million?
15. Upon the end of its theatrical run; Independence Day was the 5th highest grossing film of all time; True or False?
16. Which film by Emmerich is set around the 1969 Stonewall Riots?
17. Which of the following films has the highest rating on Metacritic: A) Independence Day, B) The Patriot, C) White House Down, D) Anonymous?
18. Which film has Emmerich defended stating that the film; was highly profitable and is the one people enjoy watching with their kids repeatedly, despite the film receiving low review responses and some backlash from fans?
19. Which car company did Emmerich direct a one-minute advert for called ‘Infinite Possibilities’?
20. In total, Emmerich has been involved in the production of 2 TV Series, what were they?